Two of Canada’s better-known rewards programs joined Thursday as Shoppers Optimum and PC Plus turn PC Optimum.
Loblaw says it has had some “bumps” during a merger, with members angry online about troubles with a new app and points conversions. However, a association says it’s saying large seductiveness in a module and will continue to concentration on creation a acclimatisation routine as well-spoken as possible.
Stuck in a loop with @pc_optimum. Open my PC Plus app, tells me to download PC Optimum app, go to App Store, tells me to open, that takes me behind to prior shade in PC Plus app pic.twitter.com/cQVjzlqZiq
— William Norman (@WilliamNorman) February 1, 2018
Here are 5 things to know:
1. PC Optimum means a singular label for both stores, with a dollar value of existent points from both programs converted to a new card. Current PC Plus cardholders will have points converted on a one-to-one basis, while a association is converting Shoppers Optimum points during varying rates to say a same dollar value of a points.
2. To modify stream points to a new system, business can go to one of a roughly 2,500 stores a complement covers to barter existent PC Plus or Shoppers Optimum cards for a PC Optimum card. Customers can also download a PC Optimum mobile app, or emanate an comment online during pcoptimum.ca.
3. Under PC Optimum, any 1,000 points is value a dollar, with 10,000 points a smallest emancipation value. At Shoppers roughly each dollar spent will acquire we 15 points, while during Loblaw-owned grocery stores rewards change formed on promotions on specific products.
4. For PC Financial Mastercard holders, a label automatically switches to PC Optimum and is a usually label required with points warranted varying depending on a form of card.
5. In Quebec, where Shoppers Drug Mart operates underneath a Pharmaprix name, a Pharmaprix Optimum module finished Jan. 31, 2018 and members will have until May 2 that year to redeem their points or modify them during equal value to a new program.
With a record from News Staff
7 talent ways to maximize PC Optimum points
Loblaw shutting 22 stores, rising home smoothness forward of ‘difficult year’
CIBC divorce from PC Financial shines light on painful faithfulness label industry